Monday, January 28, 2008

My Personal Challenge

Ok, this blog is about my personal challenge for this year.


I am going to try to get fit enough to run the Sydney Bridge Run which is a 9km run. This year it will be on the 21st Sept. I have found a beginners training guide for people who have no running experience. It's a 9 week program (3 days a week) called Couch to 5k, http://c25k.com/ and some guy has been kind enough to create podcasts that you can convert to mp3 and it tells you what to do for each week along with music to run to. Soooooo, that's the challenge, anyone interested in joining me and challenging themselves? The bridge run website also has a 14 week training plan for beginner runners leading upto the event, so that would start Monday 16th June.
So I'm challenging myself to be able to run 5kms in 30mins by the end of April.
I'm sweating just thinking about it!!!!


No comments: