Thursday, February 14, 2008

Fitness Challenge Setback

Well, I got most of the way through week 2 and my knees gave out. I have been limping around for about a week now and my knees are still pretty bad. I'm giving it another week for a good chance for the knees to recover before repeating week 2 and going on from there. I think the crappy old sneakers did me in and so I have gone out and bought some flashy asics gel running shoes which feel amazingly comfortable and definitely reduce the strain on the knees, even just walking around. I am so disappointed that I haven't been able to do my little runs this week, I was really looking forward to them. Anyway, looking forward to getting started again soon.

I have found two running buddies to come on the run with me in september, Elisha and Adriana. We three in a mid-life crisis will be pushing each other to the finish line on that bright spring day. I can just see it now...... ohhhhh so hard to imagine getting anywhere NEAR the end right now. he he heeeeeeee

No comments: