Thursday, April 17, 2008

Needling

Well, the last week has been spent knitting obsessively ("needling" as Hannah calls it) and I have finally finished Evelyn's Shrug. It's a bit snug on me so I hope it fits her well. (I will get a pic with her wearing it at some stage). But here it is in all it's creamy glory.




The pattern came from Issue 21 of the Australian Creative Knitting magazine. I was really impressed with this magazine and the patterns in it. They are fresh and new with a few quirky things thrown in.




The shrug complete I was able to start on some hats from Jade's book.

This is a great book and the patterns are quite easy to understand even though they are in japanese. The graphical patterns are very obvious and the hats are quick to make. I think I will probably end up crotcheting more than knitting beanies for the Relay 4 Life.

Here is the first one I tackled modelled by my Hannah, so cute. It does fit me too, although I would have liked it to be a bit more bulky, needed to use heavier weight yarn and fatter hook. So I am going to make this hat again as soon as I can get some nice yarn (like the one I got Jade for her birthday).

2 comments:

desie said...

that is very cute. lovely model.

Sue said...

Oh the hat is adorable. The book looks great too. The shrug is gorgeous. How clever you are making such a beautiful piece.