Thursday, April 3, 2008

Relay 4 Life - Penrith 2008 - Knitting Challenge

Well, it's close to that time of year again where the Boere Tribe get together and walk for 24 hours to raise money for Cancer Research. This year the Penrith Relay 4 Life is on the 10th May at Howell Oval. Most people know someone who has been fighting some kind of cancer or who has lost the battle. In our family it is way too familiar. Paul's mum lost her battle to cervical cancer at the young age of 42. My aunt recently passed away from ovarian cancer. My uncle died from prostate cancer, my grandmother from breast cancer and now my dad is also fighting prostate cancer.

A little bit further removed we have some friends that are affected by "c". Thankfully they are doing fine and continue to be vigilant in monitoring their health regularly.

So, this year we are going to try some different approaches to fund raising. We will ask for straight up donations which you can make by clicking on here. We will be face painting and colour spraying hair on the day. I have asked some friends to donate artworks which will be auctioned off. I am going to try and make as many scarves and beanies as I can to sell. It gets Bloody cold walking at 3am!!

So I have a request for all you crazy crochet and knitting buffs - if you want to help how about donating a scarf or a beanie or both? If you feel you want to help, please contact me and we can organise to get them posted out here. Anything will be much appreciated. Or maybe you have heaps of wool scraps around that we can knit into scarves?

So, help us support the Cancer Council.

:)

No comments: